I’ve been nominated by Terry for the Liebster Award and I feel truly overwhelmed. Thank you Terry for thinking of me.
Terry is a very strong, brave woman and a wonderful sister. She is kind enough to share precious moments from her life with us and I am humbled by the gesture. If you would like to know more about Terry, please visit her blog http://terry1954.wordpress.com and drop a line. She would love it.
If you are wondering about what’s the big deal with this award, well, here is a little information about it —
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
🙂 So, now you know why it’s overwhelming.
Now, onto the rules of the award–
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
- You write-up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
- You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
Hmmm… 😀 11 random facts about myself —
– My favorite colors are red and black though you’d find more of blue in my wardrobe.
– I like online games and prefer quest based ones to hidden objects.
– I hate dramas and war movies because I always end up crying.
– I think that Daniel Craig has the bluest, most gorgeous eyes. 😀 (next would be Simon Baker – yummy eyes and what a smile)
– I do love the paranormal but 4 out of 5 times I would prefer watching an action movie than a paranormal one.
– I prefer watching the movie first and then reading the book cause then I have a visual to connect to.
– I have more than seven years of work experience and I am still looking for that right opportunity.
– I regret not remembering much of my childhood days.
– I wish I had got the chance to know both my grandfathers (my mom’s dad and my father’s) — they both had passed on by the time I was born.
– I wish to take my parents on a world tour someday.
– I want to experience a white Christmas, at least once in my life.
Well, now that that’s done, I have to answer some questions posed by Terry. Here they are:-
Questions for me from Terry:
1. What scares you the most, and why? –Death – it lurks on every nook and corner and reminds me that life is fragile and time just rushing by. I don’t want to lose my loved ones.
2. What three possessions do you think you just can’t live without?–My wallet, a rosary that I keep with me all the time and a ring that my grandma gave to me before she died.
3. When sign-makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs? –No. Their banners would all be blank.
4. If you could be a character in any book you’ve ever read, who would you be and why?– Hermione Granger- because she is intelligent, knows magic, is a good friend and she knows magic 🙂
5. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be the title?– Tried and Tested.
6. Would you prefer to spend life in prison or be executed? Why? — Prison, definitely — it would give me time to think of a plan to escape.
7. What got you in the most trouble when you were younger?– I loved to experiment with things – trying to open up my dad’s audio tape collection, dissecting a dead fish on my cousin’s terrace, painting my nephew’s nose with red nail enamel to test if we could get it off easily, apparently you can’t. A lot of screaming and crying is involved and the eventual spanking too.
8. If you could be a religious or spiritual leader, who would it be? Why? — Would prefer not to actually because I have seen that both roads lead to corruption somewhere down the line and you end up misleading others for personal gain. And I would rather not go there.
9. What or whom do you most miss from your childhood?– What- I miss the carefree life and the innocence of childhood; whom – my grandparents.
10. Grab the book nearest you. What is the first sentence of the third paragraph on page 12? — “Considering ‘Benny’ bin Alamen is the holder of the number three slot on the Most Wanted Terrorists list, I’ll just take a moment to pat myself on the back.” [Deliver Us From Evil by David Baldacci]
11. When did you last write a letter on paper and send it through the postal service?– I did write a letter on paper couple of weeks back but I think I couriered it rather than posting it.
Well those were my answers. Hope you had fun reading them. Here are my questions for my nominees:-
– What is the first thing you heard and saw when you woke up in the morning today?
– What is the one location that means for you-heaven on earth?
– Of all the movies that you have seen, name a villain that you would rather have saved and why?
– One fine day, you get up and decide you want to get a tattoo done. What would it be and on which part of your body would you get it done?
– Which song aptly describes the current scene in your life? Please share with us the first two lines here.
– If you were approached to be part of a remake of an action movie – which movie would you choose and which character would you like to play?
– If you had a chance to rewrite the fate of Romeo and Juliet, how would you end the book?
– Remember your first love… name one trait (physical) of that person that still makes your brain get all fuddled up. 😉
– Imagine yourself to be suddenly in possession of the key to this treasure trove – a cross between Scrooge’s money bin and Genie’s treasure cave — what will be the very first thing that you will buy with that money/gold?
– You have foreknowledge that your city is about to be attacked by aliens in the next one hour. What’s your action plan?
– In times when troubled thoughts invade your peace of mind, what do you do to soothe yourself?
And here are the nominees:
Carlie M A Cullen
Joseph R. Lewis
Blog of the urban photographer
I am so looking forward to reading your answers to these questions. Have fun everyone! 🙂 🙂